As a major buyer and trader of grains and oilseeds, CHS and CHS Farmers Alliance move more than two billion bushels annually through its network of river, rail and export terminals. So when you work with your local cooperative, you’re tapping into a world of resources and a depth of grain marketing solutions.
We have built our reputation on a demonstrated commitment to producer profitability. We strive to make it as convenient as possible to market your grain, and we are committed to doing business with integrity and building long-term partnerships.
- Take advantage of online and mobile resources to check cash grain prices, make offers to sell grain, and have secure access to account information and reports.
- Choose from a variety of grain contracts and specialty grain contracts to meet your needs.
- Gain timely insights about local, regional and world markets from our grain specialists, who are connected to valuable information and perspectives through the CHS cooperative system.
- Consider working with CHS Hedging, a full-service commodity brokerage firm with expert consultants and risk management services.
- Earn patronage on every bushel of grain you sell to CHS.
To all GRAIN Locations –
- It was discovered that the 1099PATR forms that were mailed out in the last few days had an incorrect amount in Box 3 for Per-Unit Retain Allocations.
- The net check settlement amount was placed in Box 3 instead of the required gross amount.
- The statements that were mailed separately, however, are correct and do have the correct amount listed for the Box 3 total.
- In the example below, you can see the Box 3 amount should have been $116,346.61 and is correct on the statement that was sent to the patron. In contrast, the 1099PATR form has the incorrect amount — the payment amount $115, 462.47 was used in error.
Example Statement (Correct):
Example 1099PATR Box 3 (Incorrect):
What Happens Next: Corrected 1099PATR forms for Box 3 will be mailed out as soon as possible.
Keep in Mind: This error only impacts the 1099PATR Box 3 forms for Country Operations. This error does not impact the other 1099PATR forms for Box 1 and Box 6 that your patrons have received. In addition, the 1099PATR Box 3 forms issued by CHS Grain Marketing are correct as stated. The only forms that will be corrected are the 1099PATR Box 3 forms for Country Operations.
Thanks for your cooperation as we deal with this unfortunate situation.